- Portfolio / Model Amiyumi
Bayern / Germany / Europe
In this workshop, our team of analog photographers will teach you all the steps from developing negatives to enlarging your first pictures on faber base paper.
THE FOLLOWING TOPICS WILL BE COVERED:
Using an analog camera
- Loading and unloading film
- Different kind of film
- Exposure/aperture/shutter speed/film speed
- Metering light
- Steps of Negative development and explanation of different chemicals.
- How to develop film yourself (and we help you of course).
- Explanation of how to influence contrast and density of the negative during development.
- Explanation of "Push" development.
- How to take care of Negatives.
- Steps of Positive development (explanation of the different chemicals and an overview of different developers).
- Explanation different photo papers.
- How to develop a faber base photo properly
At the end of the workshop you will have developed your own film and photos. You will also have the understanding on how to set up your own darkroom at home.
This workshop is limited to 4 people at a time and it will run several times a year. We also offer it as a one-on-one workshop. If you are interested in this, please let us know.
Prize: 90.00 €
Dates: May4th, 2019
Location: "White Rabbit", Nuremberg, Germany
To bring: Your analog camera with b&w film
Language: English, German
Accommodation and meals not included. We can help you finding reasonable accommodation.
Further information: http://www.janschlegel.photography/shopmain/1-day-basics-in-analog-photography-workshop
Hi I'm Kim!
Sometimes I'm in front of the camera, sometimes behind it. I love working with people together who want to create something and have a vision. I work a lot together with Jan Schlegel, he has become a good friend of mine. I'm his assistant in planning and organizing workshops in collaboration with the White Rabbit in Nürnberg, Germany. The White Rabbit is an artist collective focused on empowering and supporting artists. Through community and creative workspace, we aspire to give artists the platform they need to impact society locally, regionally, and globally.
I fell in love with analog photography. The calmness and the slowing down in our buzzling lifes catches me.
“Die Kraft eines Portraits, liegt in dem Bruchteil der Sekunde,
in dem man etwas vom Leben der fotografierten Person versteht.
Ein Portrait nimmt man nicht alleine auf. Der Andere schenkt es einem.”
― Sebastião Salgado